Hal Lasko may be 98 years old, but while many of his peers devote their leisure time to shuffleboard and bridge, he has a very different passion: creating incredibly complex works of art on Microsoft Paint, pixel by pixel.
Egads, I haven’t posted on Tumblr in ages! Okay, I’ll do it for this one.
1. I am accident prone. I cracked a small part of the back of my head open when I was a kid (3 stitches), cracked my forehead open (no stitches, blood sealed wound quick enough) in high school, and accidentally stabbed myself with a paring knife a couple of months ago.
2. I also can’t swim. When I was in grade 5, I nearly drowned in the deep end of a pool at a school field trip and had to wear pink water wings for the remainder of the field trip. Then, at a friend’s cabin when I was around 15 years old, I nearly drowned when I got caught up in a current in a small waterfall.
3. I’ve thrown up from eating too many peanuts. When I was really young, I used to love eating peanuts, and pretty much polished off an entire ~40oz can of peanuts by myself. At one point, my sister stood in front of me and noted that I looked white, as though I’d seen a ghost. Not 2 seconds later, I launched a vomit rocket of peanuts at her. Oops!
4. I’m a huge fan of video games because of my dad. Ever since I could walk, and probably even before, I’ve been playing games thanks to his influence. I even learned Dragon Warrior’s “olde English” before I learned actual English. I remember one day (when I was about 5-6 years old) when he called in sick for work, and then called my school saying I was sick… and he stayed home playing video games while I watched him.
5. I used to be stuck at home, finding it incredibly difficult to leave the house due to a debilitating general anxiety disorder when I was a young adult. For nearly four years, I spent the vast majority of my time locked up at home because I would start to panic when trying to leave. For any reason. A good handful of years later, and my panic attacks are incredibly few and far between — it’s hard to think I even had difficulties with anxiety anymore.
Tales of Symphonia and its sequel, Dawn of the New World, are being remade in HD for PS3. Early 2014.
Today is a good day!!! I ARE HAPPY BOY.
Hey folks, long time no see!
Felt like chatting about my May because it was very eventful… in the worst way! Haha, d’oh.
THIS KID HAS THE CUTEST VOICE EVER. AHHHH. I CANNOT LISTEN TO HIM TALK AND MAINTAIN GROWN ADULT MALE STATUS AT THE SAME TIME.